Colonoscopy is a procedure that is capable of detecting any changes or disorders in the large intestines and rectum. During the colonoscopy test, a large, flexible tube is passed through the rectum into the large intestine, and a tiny video camera is fitted at the top of the tube. The camera helps to get the view of the inside areas of the entire colon. With the help of colonoscopy, it has become easy to diagnose and treat any complications related to the large intestine.
Why is a colonoscopy performed?
Colonoscopy is performed to diagnose various diseases flawlessly. Colonoscopy allows detecting the reasons of
- Abdominal pain.
- Bleed from the anus.
- Pressure during urination.
- Sudden changes in bowel habits.
- Unexplained weight loss. It can be a symptom of colorectal cancer.
A colonoscopy helps doctors to take samples from deformed or abnormal-looking tissues in colonoscopy. This process is also known as a biopsy that allows the doctor to examine the tissue with a microscope. It helps to diagnose the signs of diseases quicker than others.
In the case of polyps, the doctor collects biopsy tissues with small tools and removes the polyps. Then the biopsy tissues are examined with the scope for proper diagnosing. The entire procedure is not that painful.
Advantages of colonoscopy
- A colonoscopy helps to remove polyps.
- It helps to dilate narrowed segments of the Large intestine. After that, a metallic stent can be placed there. This process is known as colonic stenting also.
- Colonoscopy assists in the Piles banding procedure.
- Detection of Diverticulitis. Some of the symptoms of Diverticulitis are fever, vomiting, constipation, abdominal pain, etc.
Remedy Group have included modern facilities and advanced colonoscopes for accurate diagnosis during colonoscopy test. We never compromise with our service quality and patients care. At Remedy Diagnostics, you can perform efficient colonoscopy with the help of expert doctors, technologists, and advanced infrastructures.
Take advantage of the best colonoscopy test at affordable prices at Remedy Group in Kolkata.